Dogs as smart as toddlers finds ethical research
Fascinating discovery about dogs will make you barking mad about animal experiments
- When they hear humans speak dogs can recognise and understand the distinction between different words. So no more excuses from Fido for confusing “Sit!” and “Fetch!”.
- Dogs can also tell the difference between tones of voice and recognise different emotions in speech. Which explains that guilty look on their faces when they’re being told off for sneakily stealing food from your plate.
- Dogs are also able to interpret individual facial expressions. So, after a long day at work, they know you’re just as excited about seeing them as they are to see you.
- Nobody who shares their life with dogs will be surprised to learn that dogs experience positive emotions. Let’s face it…only a dog could feel such overwhelming joy at chasing a tennis ball.
- But did you also know that dogs can feel empathy and sense sadness or fear? Next time your canine friend comes to cheer you up, you know why.
- According to scientists, dogs also demonstrate genuine human bonding. The companionship and love from a dog isn’t just because you feed them. They really do care.
- Scientists involved in some of these studies believe a dog’s ability to feel love and attachment means they have the same level of understanding and awareness as a 3-year old human child. We wouldn’t subject our own children to life in a laboratory, so it’s high time we put an end to horrific experiments on dogs once and for all.