Animal experiments are not the solution for TB
Tuberculosis tests on animals are cruel and ineffective.
- injecting animals with TB-causing bacteria, or
- forcing them to inhale it before attempting to treat them with various drugs.
- Animal models of tuberculosis. (2005). Tuberculosis, 85(5-6): 277-293.
- Tuberculosis – Factsheet No 104. (2015). World Health Organisation: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs104/en/
- Evidence for a role for interleukin-17, Th17 cells and iron homeostasis in protective immunity against tuberculosis in cynomolgus macaques. (2014). PLoS One, 9(2): e88149.
- What animal models teach humans about tuberculosis. (2008). American Journal of Respiratory Cell & Molecular Biology, 39(5): 503-508.
- Novel in vitro respiratory models to study lung development, physiology, pathology and toxicology. (2013). Stem Cell Research & Therapy, 4(1):S7.
- The end of animal testing? Human-organs-on-chips win Design of the Year. (2015). The Guardian, 22 June: http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2015/jun/22/the-end-of-animal-testing-human-organs-on-chips-win-design-of-the-year