BUAV changes to Cruelty Free International
Ending animal experiments worldwide
- Ban animal testing for new cosmetics and those sold in the UK and the EU. Since 2013, our global campaign to end cosmetics tests on animals is rapidly gaining momentum.
- Launch the Leaping Bunny programme - the internationally recognisable cruelty free programme for cosmetics, personal care and cleaning products - which approves leading household names including COVERGIRL, Aldi, Marks & Spencer, The Co-operative, Waitrose, Superdrug, Primark and over 1,000 other companies.
- Ban the cruel LD50 oral toxicity tests in the UK, in which animals could be force fed chemicals until 50% of them died.
- Ban the use of wild-caught monkeys in UK laboratories. We have been instrumental in exposing the international trade in primates for research.
- Save thousands of animals from testing under REACH, Europe’s chemical testing programme.
- Inspire generations of politicians, decision-makers and compassionate people to make a difference for animals in experiments.